Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic there are new guidelines within the beauty industry to help protect both staff and clients. To keep a safe and hygienic working area there will be a Coronavirus Protocol to follow during your appointment, this protocol will be MANDATORY and there will be NO exceptions made.
At Amy Louise Makeup Artistry & Beauty I keep a very high standard of hygiene, this is due to the fact that I work in close proximity to you and my tools come into contact with the surface of the skin. As Coronavirus can be passed from bacteria through the mouth, eyes and nose it is essential that we work together to reduce the risk of transmitting the disease.
To the left you will see a very brief example of the protocol you will need to follow, however, below I will list a thorough outline of the procedures that I will be following, I highly recommend that you take a few moments to read through so you know what to expect at your appointment!
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- When booking your appointment either direct or through my booking page you will be given a time slot, please do not arrive before your appointment is due to start as there will be NO waiting area. If you happen to arrive earlier than expected please wait at the top of the gate or inside your vehicle until your appointment time slot.
- Please do not enter the building yourself, you will be greeted at the door which will be opened by myself. This is to ensure that the door handles do not become high contamination areas. Entry will no longer be through the house and a side entrance is now in place (follow signs).
- Upon arrival there will be hand sanitiser available to use, please ensure you clean your hands thoroughly with this before entering.
- You will NOT be allowed to enter the building without a face mask, there will be absolutely NO exceptions in this case and the mask MUST cover both your MOUTH & NOSE.
- Children and other people are NOT permitted to your appointment, you must arrive at your appointment alone even if you have traveled with a family member who has an appointment after you. The salon is a small space and it is essential to reduce the amount of people inside as a 2M distance cannot be achieved.
- Please DO NOT come to your appointment if you or a family member you LIVE with has had any of these symptoms (any cancellations within 48 hours will be charged the FULL amount of their appointment):
* A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
* A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
* A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- For your well being and safety there will be full clean down of the salon before you enter.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- When entering the building I will be wearing both a face mask & face visor, if you are hard of hearing please bring a notepad and pen with you to ensure we can understand each other fully.
- For new clients a Disclaimer Form is required to confirm you have not had symptoms, please sanitise your hands before use.
- Please do not bring a handbag/bag to your appointment, a purse is allowed but it must stay on your lap at all times and will not be allowed to be placed on any furniture.
- All tools/equipment used during the appointment will be ONE USE where applicable, where this is not possible they will be sanitised before & after every appointment.
- To reduce the risk of transmission it is advised that talking is kept to a minimum, please do not be offended if I am quieter than usual during your appointment.
- During your appointment please do not touch anything other than the bed, this is to reduce the risk of contamination.
- It is likely that during your appointment I will have several windows open to keep the air flow, it's advised to bring warm clothes or your own blanket to the appointment especially if you are laying down for a while (LVL & Lamination Appointments)
- You will NOT be able to use the toilet before, during or after your appointment.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Cash payments are still accepted and all change is sanitised, if you are not comfortable paying by cash then PayPal/Transfer or Card Payments are available.
- Once your appointment is complete I will open the door to allow you to leave, please DO NOT remove your mask until you are outside the building.
- It is recommended that you sanitise your hands once you are in the safety of your vehicle and you have already removed your mask.
- I will not be booking repeat appointments inside the salon due to the added time frame of cleaning after your appointment, please log onto the booking system or send me a message after your appointment to re book.
- If you have any concerns for your safety and well being during your appointment PLEASE advise me immediately, we are all new to these procedures and I want to ensure that all my clients feel comfortable at all times.
Just a quick THANK YOU for being so understanding, I cannot wait to get back to doing what I love and seeing all of my gorgeous clients. I am so grateful for your consistent business and I hope that in time this becomes an easier process,
Love Amy x
MAKEUP APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST